PHP Classes

Well done.

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Mud Names  >  All threads  >  Well done.  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Well done.
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:F Philip DeGeorge
Date:2010-02-27 02:15:44
Update:2010-03-19 10:52:30

F Philip DeGeorge rated this package as follows:

Utility: Sufficient
Consistency: Good
Examples: Sufficient

1. Well done.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of F Philip DeGeorge F Philip DeGeorge - 2010-02-27 02:15:44
Well done... but as downloaded it would not run. I had to correct several things to get it running. However, for anybody creating a game with a host of characters (NPCs) this is a great tool and a great example of how to generate name on-the-fly

2. Re: Well done.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ludovic Bellière Ludovic Bellière - 2010-03-19 09:35:53 - In reply to message 1 from F Philip DeGeorge
It's very odd. Please, could you download the latest code (http://github.com/xrogaan/phpMudnames/tarball/master) and try with it ?

It's possible that phpclasses.org "broke" the dictionaries. So check if your files in the data/ directory are readable.

I had a same report from a guy of this website, but he suddenly stopped respond to my emails.

3. Re: Well done.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Ludovic Bellière Ludovic Bellière - 2010-03-19 10:52:30 - In reply to message 2 from Ludovic Bellière
Mh, okay. I just found this odd thing : phpclasses change the EOL to CRLF and my code assume that the data have a simple LF... And then, the problems starts.

It's normally fixed now.