PHP Classes

Suggestion

Recommend this page to a friend!

Validation Email  >  All threads  >  Suggestion  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Suggestion
Summary:A suggestion for improvement on your method.
Author:F. Scott Gale
Date:2013-08-14 14:17:25
Update:2013-08-14 16:35:25

1. Suggestion   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of F. Scott Gale F. Scott Gale - 2013-08-14 14:17:25
Hi,

I just wanted to pass on a thought, just merely based on the description of your class. On a side note, I did not actually download/view your code for this response so if your description of your class was not accurate or I'm reading it wrong you can just ignore this altogether ;)

I'm assuming you used Regex to verify a valid email address? If you did, as long as you have a good regex comparison string that should be perfectly ok. But, my suggestion more relates around your method for verifying the domain:

Ownership of a domain does not require an active webserver or webpages having been developed for public view. A domain ownership can merely be used to host email services; I myself have a couple domains that are used much in this fashion. If you are attempting to verify such a domain using an HTTP request, your results would be incorrect as the domain exists, but there is no website you could use to test it against.

I would recommend, since you are testing valid email addresses, to instead perform a DNS query against the domain and see if you can pull out the MX record(s). If there are valid MX records for the domain, you could always try to ping and/or connect to that particular server instead of using HTTP. Though in most circumstances, if you can verify the MX record you can safely assume that the domain is safe to send emails to.

Hope my suggestion and information is a help!

2. Re: Suggestion   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Felipe Massariol Felipe Massariol - 2013-08-14 16:35:25 - In reply to message 1 from F. Scott Gale
F. Scott Gale, thanks by suggested. Really, the actual code is using HTTP request and this is bad for authentication domain.

I go rewrite method, thanks.